Synergy Systems & Solutions, has experience of almost 20 years in the field of power distribution & automation for Railway Transportation. SSS is proud to have its SCADA solutions operating on over 65% of the electrified network of Indian Railways, using our in-house standards-based, and proven products. SSS is an approved vendor by RDSO, the nodal agency for standardization in Indian Railways.
- Traction power distribution monitoring and control systems for Railways, Metros, and Light-rail 25kVAC, 2x25kVAC, 750VDC traction systems.
Traction power distribution is related to delivery of electric power to locomotives from grid substations. The control system is deployed for real-time monitoring and control of the power network, along with energy auditing facilities.
- Non-traction power distribution monitoring and control systems for Railways, Metros, and Light-rail.
Non-traction power distribution is like an electric utility distribution network related to delivery of power to campus, facility or station, workshops and administrative buildings. The control system is deployed for real-time monitoring and control of the power network, along with energy auditing facilities.
- Centralized energy management over an entire campus or facility, or covering railway operating zones and geographical boundaries. This includes
- Real-time monitoring of energy generation, purchase, and drawls
- Aggregation of loads based of geography, power utility, etc.
- Forecasting of day-ahead demand
- Demand scheduling with load despatch centres
- Telecom equipment monitoring and reporting
- Centralized fault reporting system interfacing with different telecom subsystems such as SDH, FOTS, CCTV, Master Clock, Radio, Access Control, Building Management, UPS, PIDs etc.
- Integrated Power + Telecom SCADA Solution
- SIRIUS based Control Centers – ~135
- HUSKY RTUs Supplied – 3000+
- Total Network Covered ~20000 TKM
- RDSO standard-based solution
- Servers in High Availability configuration
- Energy Management System (EMS) for grid-intake monitoring
- Fault record (DR) retrieval and SoE reporting
- Network Topology Processor
- Automatic Fault Localization
- SNMP based network monitoring
- In Satisfactory Operation since 2019
- Integration with Mitsubishi make PLCs
- Integration with Telecom Equipment for Status Monitoring
- In Satisfactory Operation since 2014
- Centralized SCADA with dual redundant architecture
- Web-enabled for remote monitoring
- Integration with protection and metering IEDs
- Energy and Power quality monitoring
- Automation of water pumps, street lights
- Solar monitoring
- In Satisfactory Operation since 2015
- Benefits to customer:
- Prompt reporting of outages and restoration of same
- Reduced dependency on O&M staff
- Real-time visibility led to optimal use of transformers, leading to shutdown of 24 out of 69 transformers, thus conserving energy losses and reducing asset maintenance costs.
- Monitoring and control functions of the 11kV Power Network
- Improve efficiency, safety, and restoration times of the network
- Power quality – Voltage/Current Phase imbalance, Power Factor
- Energy monitoring and auditing facilities
- System Architecture
- Control Centre with dual redundant servers
- RTUs communicating with control centre over GPRS network
- Web-enabled for remote monitoring
- Provided 11kV VCB Panels to enable remote control
- Provided metering on 11kV and 415V feeders for energy monitoring
- In Satisfactory Operation since 2016
Mumbai Suburban section of Central RailwaySCADA system for monitoring and control of traction power distribution to Mumbai Suburban railway network. A very critical system requiring high availability. The existing SCADA system was replaced with a SIRIUS based system with minimal disruption to network operations.
- Integration with ABB make RTUs of 90’s generation
- Dual redundant system in line with RDSO specifications
- In Satisfactory Operation since 2011